The Teacher Assisting Program prepares students for employment as teacher assistants within the Broward County Public School System.
The course content includes responsibilities and tasks of a Teacher Assistant:
- Lesson Planning & Implementation
- Classroom Management Techniques, Rules, Regulations, & Standard Procedures within the Broward County School system
- Review for the Broward County Mandated ParaPro Assessment
The 270 hours of classroom instruction is designed to enable the individual to achieve the following educational objectives:
- Demonstration of knowledge
- Skills & Attitudes Needed to be an Effective Teacher Assistant
- Discussion of Major Issues Concerning Public Education
- Operation of Audio-Visual Equipment & Computers
- Preparation of Visual Aids & Educational Games
- Supervision of Safety
- Health & Welfare of Students
- Performance of Clerical Duties
- Demonstration of Application of Knowledge of Basic Math
- Employability Skills
- Various Methods of Communication
The remaining 180 hours of the course is OJT (on-the-job training).
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment as teacher assistants within the Broward County Public School System.